LLM GUIDE - Master of Laws (LL.M.) Programs Worldwide

LLM Discussion Board

LL.M. Discussion Board > USA > BU 2012 Official Admission Thread RSS Feed

BU 2012 Official Admission Thread

deskata
Fri Mar 25, 2011 04:05 PM
Thank you very much ! And good luck lolita !
Show ProfileProfile P.M. Quote
iwtlic
Fri Mar 25, 2011 06:07 PM
I was admitted and have to reply to the offer soon, but I don't think I can accept my admission if I don't get a scholarship...I received one from another school I was admitted to, so I'll probably be rejecting the offer if I dont receive any aid...
Miss Chatterbox
Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:57 PM
Hi, funnily enough the same as to pebbledpath happened to me: I wrote them an email that I will be in Boston on Friday, 18th to which I got the reply that they can't take me for their IP program but would like to consider me for the American Law program. I happily accepted (BU is one of my top choices) and had the interview in person last Friday with John Riccardi (really nice guy btw!). He told me I'll hear from him this week but I didn't so getting very nervous. I hope it has to do with Friday as interview date and I really hope they make room for one more German in their class...

Gah, this wait. :( Congratulations to everybody who already made it and best of luck to all those waiting!
deskata
Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:11 PM
I also had the interview with him on Friday in person. And he also told me that i will hear from them this week and i've been waiting since then but i guess it will be next week.So we will be waiting, hopefully soon they accept us :)).
Good luck !
pebbledpath
Sat Mar 26, 2011 01:07 PM
wow u guys gave an interview in person??

mine was over the telephone so thankfully he couldnt see the tension on my face :D

goodluck guys

[Edited by pebbledpath on 26 Mar 2011]

Masteroflaw
Sat Mar 26, 2011 01:32 PM
Thats really strange that they had your interview face to face. I dont think so thats the policy which BU follows. But ya getting through is most important, by which ever way you get through!

Good Luck..Best Wishes!
Miss Chatterbox
Sat Mar 26, 2011 02:49 PM
I beg to differ. I think BU follows the "approachable policy" and thus personal interviews fit right in. :)

Also the main reason of the interview is to check language abilities and add to the paper impression the student hopefuls makes. They probably don't care whether it happens in person or on the phone. The first question to me however was: "Be honest, did you come here just to see me?" ;)

It would be weird not to ask for an interview in person if you happened to be close by and just wait for a phone interview with shitty phone connection and possibly having to pay for it too, don't you think?
Masteroflaw
Sat Mar 26, 2011 03:27 PM
The reason why I said that BU follows a policy of phone interview because till now all the persons on the thread have gone for a telephonic interview, but it was only two persons whom I saw had in person interview. There is nothing wrong in it. Good you were there :)

I am also very much for in person interview as one can understand what the interviewer wants and can see through his/her actions and expressions and respond accordingly.

And regarding my interview, it was not only Language ability which they were checking, I had to answer questions relating to Banking and Financial Laws also.

Miss Chatterbox
Mon Mar 28, 2011 03:30 PM
I'm in! Yay! And with a nice scholarship too! Chances are high I'll accept so I might see some of you in Boston. I will not do the CELOP btw. Having lived in English speaking countries for quite some time and taken 4 semesters of American Law I don't really see the point. Also, I plan to still be working during summer.

Best of Luck to whoever is still waiting.

An excited Miss Chatterbox =)
deskata
Mon Mar 28, 2011 03:47 PM
Congartulations !!!

I am still waiting, hopefully i am next .
Miss Chatterbox
Mon Mar 28, 2011 04:20 PM
Thanks. :) And best of luck!
pebbledpath
Tue Mar 29, 2011 04:23 PM
I'm in! Yay! And with a nice scholarship too! Chances are high I'll accept so I might see some of you in Boston. I will not do the CELOP btw. Having lived in English speaking countries for quite some time and taken 4 semesters of American Law I don't really see the point. Also, I plan to still be working during summer.

Best of Luck to whoever is still waiting.

An excited Miss Chatterbox =)

Congrats!! :D

Guys, I got an e-mail from Boston about their Summer Program in London..

Anyone here know more about it (than what's given on their website)? Sounds interesting but I'm not too sure...
Masteroflaw
Tue Mar 29, 2011 05:39 PM
Yes this Program sounds interesting to me too. But have no idea how fruitful this would be.. Also would it be worth or not. But yes one can definitely think about it.

lolita10
Tue Mar 29, 2011 06:11 PM
Hi, guys!! congrats to all of you already admitted...i just have my interview today...I think I did fine...it was a conversation about what I wanted carrer wise...I was told Ill be hearing from them this week...also they recommend the celop, and if i get in i for sure will doit so I more confident during classes. I have question does this celop takes place in london or in boston?
nanolo
Wed Mar 30, 2011 08:56 AM
The CELOP takes place in Boston, the program that takes place in London is SLI (I don't recall the meaning). I think I'll be attending the CELOP, although I finish to work the 30th of June, and the program begins the 5th of July...I thhink it can be a good start for the LLM and to get ready to face the American Law School.

CELOP: www.bu.edu/celop/dates/summer.html

SLI: www.bu.edu/law/prospective/specialprograms/londonlaw/index.h…

Good Luck on your Admission!
lolita10
Wed Mar 30, 2011 01:51 PM
thanks so much Nanolo. Hopefully will be classmates in a few months!!
putou
Wed Mar 30, 2011 02:07 PM
Hi, guys!! congrats to all of you already admitted...i just have my interview today...I think I did fine...it was a conversation about what I wanted carrer wise...I was told Ill be hearing from them this week...also they recommend the celop, and if i get in i for sure will doit so I more confident during classes. I have question does this celop takes place in london or in boston?

If they asked you to take CELOP program on the phone interview, I think you will probably be admitted. BU is a great school and has a good reputation for teaching quality (ranked #1).

I was offered a scholarship for BU's summer school in London, but I declined the offer of admission. I wonder if I made a right decision...Anyway, I wish you good luck Lolita10!
lolita10
Wed Mar 30, 2011 03:39 PM
Hi, well the director told me overall you are good in english but he recommend tha Celop if given atmittance...ohh im so anxious...I hope to hear good news...thanks!!
lolita10
Wed Mar 30, 2011 08:55 PM
Im In!!! OMG I cant belive it!!!
nanolo
Wed Mar 30, 2011 09:22 PM

Congratulations! Will you be attending the CELOP?
lolita10
Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:59 PM
Hi, how can I ask for some kind of financial aid? any advice?
putou
Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:47 AM

Congratulations.
Masteroflaw
Thu Mar 31, 2011 05:07 AM
Congratulations for being Admitted!

I think the university provides Financial Aid on its own. Writing to them would not help much, as I too had written but havent got ant reply. May be we should wait for it.
hij0n
Mon Apr 04, 2011 03:53 PM
Hi all.

I just have been admitted + 20k scholarship. But I don't know yet if I'll go to BU. I might choose Fordham instead.
deskata
Mon Apr 04, 2011 04:01 PM
Hey Congratulations,
I also just got an email that i am admitted. But no scholarship for me . It doesn't matter I am going to accept it anyway. I am sooo happy.
See you all soon !