LLM GUIDE - Master of Laws (LL.M.) Programs Worldwide

LLM Discussion Board

LL.M. Discussion Board > Africa > scholarships RSS Feed

scholarships

youngsaviour
scholarships
Fri Jan 05, 2007 02:07 PM
dear's.lets me be honest.i realy want to pursue my LLM this year but the issue is fund f.i have been heard about scholarships and sponsors but honestly i dont believe in them.i would like someone to rise my faith on the subject,please if any one have RELEVANT INFORMATION AND PRACTICLE EXAMPLES please inform me.
i realy want to pursue LLM.
Show ProfileProfile P.M. Quote
Lit
scholarships
Tue Jan 09, 2007 01:47 PM
Well Mr Saviour, it would help if you stated where you wanted to pursue your LLM, Africa is a big continent. And perhaps then someone would be able to offer some advice.
gifty
scholarships
Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:46 AM
i desperately need 2 do my masters in environmemtal laws it could be in south africa, or uk or usa-any of the states. pls help me
Busingye
scholarships
Fri Jan 12, 2007 02:23 PM
gifty and saviour, there are quite a number of scholarships that you could benefit from, depending on your circumstances, plans, ability etc. Here are a few i know of, about which a google search would generate much more information:-
1.The Rhodes Scholarship (2 yrs, tenable at Oxford, but not all countries eligible)
2.Fulbright
3.Ford Foundation scholarship(called the International Fellowship Programme)
4.The Shell Centenary Scholarship Fund
5.The Chevening Scholarship (at times in association with Shell) etc

Please also note that many universities also give award merit based and/or need-based awards that can significantly defray living and tuition costs.These of course vary from university to university. However, most universities also provide detailed information about other (external) sources of funding to support study at that particular university.

The opportunities are endless!!

BK
paulorebelo
scholarships
Fri Jan 12, 2007 03:34 PM
Accepted students to Lisbon Catůlica LL.M. on Int. Trade and Business Law may benefit from scholarships by Luso-American Foundation (to 5 American students), MillenniumBCP Bank (to 4 students from Poland, Romania and Greece) and the Universidade Catůlica Portuguesa. There is also the possibility of a new scholarhip opportunity to Chinese students.

[Edited by paulorebelo on 12 Jan 2007]

youngsaviour
scholarships
Wed Jan 24, 2007 08:51 AM
My fellow learned brothers and sisters; I am so excited with your contribution. am so glad that you didnít hesitate to provide your support . I appreciate your informations and I AM WORKING ON THEM, some I am eligible but some am not.
Iíll BE MORE THAN THANKFULL TO RECEIVE MORE INFORMATIONS.

For those who are attracted in Human Right course and International Trade Law. Pretoria university(south Africa) got a scholarship on those courses.

Be blessed.
MERLENE
scholarships
Fri Jan 18, 2008 03:06 PM
I have completed MSc international Business management but I am really determined to read law. Can anyone please help me. I want to study at the London School of Economics.
shazia
scholarships
Sat Sep 12, 2009 06:23 AM
I have completed LLB(hons) in2001 from INT ISL UNVI ISB PAKISTAN ,and english language course from trent Uni Nottingham in sep 2007 ,now I want to persue my LLM but finance is a problem.please do consider my request.
thanks
best regards shazia ambereen awan
pakistan
13-09-2009
tafadzwa
scholarships
Fri Jan 08, 2010 02:15 PM
i jus recently finished my llb degree and an interested in doin masters at this graduate institute in geneva but the issue of funds is really a problem. please help me with info on scholarships. i want to do a masters in international law.
Aura
scholarships
Tue Jan 26, 2010 08:40 PM
My fellow learned brothers and sisters; I am so excited with your contribution. am so glad that you didnít hesitate to provide your support . I appreciate your informations and I AM WORKING ON THEM, some I am eligible but some am not.

For those who are attracted in Human Right course and International Trade Law. Pretoria university(south Africa) got a scholarship on those courses.

HI:
I want to the LLM. Currently I'm working on the Human Rights field and I also like the International trade subject. Could you tell me more about the available scholarships on those courses?

Be blessed.
Lionel Hutz
scholarships
Wed Jan 27, 2010 07:22 AM

Be blessed.

You have showed no effor in looking for scholarships.. just that you dont beleive... you do no deserve any help on the matter!
Aura
scholarships
Wed Jan 27, 2010 02:31 PM
Excuse me?

[Edited by Aura on 27 Jan 2010]

thaissauvo
scholarships
Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:14 PM
I'm from Brazil and I intend to apply to Cardozo and Fordham in NY. I already know that Cardozo offers 2 scholarships that I'm eligible, and the only scholarship for international students that I've seen in Fordham apparently is for graduation, and not LLMs. I've done some research on scholarships offered in my country, but until now I've only found scholarships for NYU, Columbia, Harvard and others that are better known in my country. So, if anyone could help with info of scholarships offered by Fordham for international students interested in LLMs and other scholarships offered in my country, pls let me know. If I find anything in this matter I'll post here. Thanks in advance!
Tabmas08
scholarships
Wed Jun 16, 2010 01:27 PM
Hellos
For African scholarship hopefuls, the site www.advance-africa.com is very helpful. If you sign up, you get newsletters every month with the latest scholarships, grants and fellowships being offered all over the world.
I got a scholarship to study in London this year and Adance Africa played a big part.
But you have to be determined and make great effort to do research, applications and work towards it.

Good Luck to all hopefuls.
rohitb
scholarships
Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:12 PM
Is there any scholarship available for LLM in European Law
TAJUDIN ABASS
scholarships
Tue Jan 03, 2012 01:48 PM
DEAR SIR/MADAM Iam a kenyan student currently undertaking bachelor in law..my LLB in a recognized university in kenya..iam hereby humbly asking for your support since i wont be able to raise my fees to persue my LLM program.thanks in advance...please confirm to me via my email [email protected]
bobmajambo
scholarships
Thu Feb 16, 2012 02:56 PM
Really i need a support to continue with my LLM but i do not know how to start and where to aplly? Please help me out!

Reply to this post

Related Programs

LLM GUIDE Groups on lawyrs.net