LLM GUIDE - Master of Laws (LL.M.) Programs Worldwide

LLM Discussion Board

LL.M. Discussion Board > United Kingdom - Ireland > Statement of Purpose in Cam RSS Feed

Statement of Purpose in Cam

legaldocs
Statement of Purpose in Cam
Fri Apr 08, 2005 06:14 AM
Hi,

This is the first time that I`ve applied to Cam.

I have a question about Statement of Purpose in Cam`s application.

When I answered questions 11 or 12 in it that asked me about my purpose of studying in Cam, I answered, but the allocated place was very small for a good answer. At the same time, it was written that no additional pages should be enclosed if the law faculty did not ask for them directly.

I wonder how those who were admitted wrote the SoP, namely did you enclose SoP on additional page with you Cam application?

Show ProfileProfile P.M. Quote
MSK
Re: Statement of Purpose in Cam
Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:56 AM
The cambridge application guidelines specifically tell you not to continue in additional sheets so dont worry you did the right thing.
Priya
Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:19 AM
Hi,

This was precisely the doubt in my mind as well, while finalising the application. But I confined the SOP to be space so provided.

BTW, have you heard from Cambridge ?
legaldocs
Tue Apr 12, 2005 01:49 PM
I dont think that I`ll enter Cam this year simply because its my first try and I`m sure I made some stupid mistakes, which I am unaware of now.

Although some guys got their admission to Cam already.

But, havent you been accepted to Oxf?
Joseph1
Tue Apr 12, 2005 01:54 PM
I remember being concerned about this. I think I restricted myself to the space provided as well.
jersey_girl
Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:08 PM
Hi!
I called last week to Cam and they told me they couldn't make me an offer...so that means...a polite way to say REJECTION! :(((((
I didn't use more space for the SoP...but I don't think it makes any difference...
Good luck to you all!!!!!!
BTW I'm sure I made some mistakes in my application, because it was my first one too...
MSK
Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:11 AM
I have been admitted to Oxford and waiting to hear from Cambridge. they are taking too long and it is worrying me because all US schools need a confirmation soon.
legaldocs
Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:56 PM
If you have enough money, go to the US law schools. I think that job perspective are brighter with US LLM, especially if you can pass a NY bar exam at the end.

Reply to this post

Related Programs

LLM GUIDE Groups on lawyrs.net