LLM GUIDE - Master of Laws (LL.M.) Programs Worldwide

LLM Discussion Board

LL.M. Discussion Board > United Kingdom - Ireland > The Definitive 2011 Cambridge Thread RSS Feed

The Definitive 2011 Cambridge Thread

flowergirl
Mon Mar 21, 2011 05:05 PM
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone received a formal letter via mail yet? I got an acceptance email last month but I still have not received the formal letter. I am concerned about the conditions too as the deadlines for other universities are drawing close.
Show ProfileProfile P.M. Quote
tills
Tue Mar 22, 2011 06:57 AM
same story here - I was considering calling Ms. Wade to ask if its normal at least... it is quite important to know what kind of academic conditions are going to be required and how high...
danath
Tue Mar 22, 2011 07:55 AM
My online status says my paper is with the degree committee... Will the status update before I am mailed a letter (acceptance or rejection)?
LBB
Tue Mar 22, 2011 01:38 PM
Same here. No letter and no update on the website.

---
LBB

lemonsherbert
Tue Mar 22, 2011 01:44 PM
My camsis page has updated, now says Conditional Offer Made and Seeking College Membership. The academic condition is a 1st class honours in my bachelors degree. That said, I've decided to go to Oxford instead
Holly_Golightly

Tue Mar 22, 2011 01:51 PM
My camsis page has updated, now says Conditional Offer Made and Seeking College Membership. The academic condition is a 1st class honours in my bachelors degree. That said, I've decided to go to Oxford instead

LemonsHerbert, would you mind telling us when you got your email from Miss Wade and when exactly you saw the change on your Camsis?
Therefore, your condition is specified already on Camsis, we dont have to wait for the official letter,right?

Thnx so much

Holly
klaw22
Tue Mar 22, 2011 01:52 PM
Cambridge has just released their provisional list of papers to be offered in 2011/12:

www.law.cam.ac.uk/press/news/2011/03/publication-of-provisio…

Is anyone else dissapointed by the reduction in international law modules this year?

They have dropped International Criminal Law, History and Philosophy of International Law and Law of Armed Conflict without replacing them with other international modules. I know the modules change every year, but I was dissapointed

Wow, I know I'm kind of late to the game in replying to this post, but they really did cut back on the public international law program. Anyone know what's happening to all these professors? Any chance of them getting some new folks? Oh well, I guess if I'm rejected at this point it will take out some of the sting!
LBB
Tue Mar 22, 2011 02:03 PM

hey lemonsherbert, have you already obtained your bachelor?

---
LBB

lemonsherbert
Tue Mar 22, 2011 02:06 PM
I don't know exactly when the camsis webpage changed, I hadn't checked it for about a week, just saw the change today. I got my email on the 17th of February.

I haven't got my bachelor yet, I'm in final year at the moment.
perhapsy
Tue Mar 22, 2011 05:04 PM
My Camsis page changed as well - First Class condition, no surprises there!

PS. Exciting to see if the college I applied for will take me on, fingers crossed ;)

[Edited by perhapsy on 22 Mar 2011]

OblÚ
Tue Mar 22, 2011 05:11 PM
Can I ask you when you received your e-mail?

I got mine also on February 17, but so far no update.
flowergirl
Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:24 AM
Thank you for the updates. So, I guess they have not mailed the offering letter out. I do not know what to do now as I am meeting the deadline to accept or decline the offer of another school. If you hear of anything or receive the formal letter, please kindly update. I would appreciate.

[Edited by flowergirl on 23 Mar 2011]

sapphire
Wed Mar 23, 2011 01:30 AM
Guys, has anyone received an offer in the past one and half weeks?
perhapsy
Wed Mar 23, 2011 08:55 AM
Can I ask you when you received your e-mail?

I got mine also on February 17, but so far no update.

I received my email 22nd Febs I think, so you should be getting your update really soon since you must be one of the earliest they emailed with an offer!
cricket
Wed Mar 23, 2011 05:14 PM
Cambridge has just released their provisional list of papers to be offered in 2011/12:

www.law.cam.ac.uk/press/news/2011/03/publication-of-provisio…

Yes, I was disappointed too!!! I definitely need to read for International Criminal Law during my LLM. Is anybody motivated writing some kind email demanding whether it would be possible to put in some more courses of international law? I will write the mail, maybe they will change the courses again, if there are loads of mails coming

Is anyone else dissapointed by the reduction in international law modules this year?

They have dropped International Criminal Law, History and Philosophy of International Law and Law of Armed Conflict without replacing them with other international modules. I know the modules change every year, but I was dissapointed

Yes, I was disappointed too, I definitely need to read for International Criminal Law during my LLM. Anybody motivated to write a looong mail asking them to reconsider their course choice? I will write that mail, maybe if we're enough people, it'll work

[Edited by cricket on 23 Mar 2011]

Brazil123
Wed Mar 23, 2011 05:29 PM
I will, also, write such an email.
ultimatesloth
Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:09 PM
I have already written a brief email to express my support for the addition of international law courses, but I would very happily put my name to any joint email you write
Trinity Insignia
Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:44 PM
I would be very surprised if Cambridge suddenly decided to re-introduce a raft of International law options in response to your requests. In the final analysis, Cambridge is best placed to assess - from a staffing and logistical perspective - which courses it can offer next year. Cambridge is also in poll position to decide on LL.M. options because it has the details of the class numbers for each and every option offered in 2010-2011. Often, options attracting small numbers are run in alternate years. So, by all means petition Cambridge. But I would have thought your pleas will fall on deaf ears. It's difficult enough to schedule an LL.M. (without receiving pleas from incoming LL.M. students as regards the exact subjects they think are desireable).
CanuckLLM
Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:46 PM
Does anyone know whether Professor Christine Gray and Dr Roger O'Keefe are leaving? If so, where are they going?

O'Keefe is going on a sabbatical next year. Not sure about Gray.
Dominium
Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:25 PM
At last! Status changed to: offer subject to the Board's confirmation -or something like this :P (offer received in Feb, 24). Any other greek accepted? Looking forward to receiving the formal offer package...
OK_Computer
Mon Mar 28, 2011 01:56 PM
My papers are still stuck with the degree committee. ;) Did you get an email or just check your Camsis?
sapphire
Mon Mar 28, 2011 02:59 PM
Hi Guys! Can someone please give me the number of Miss Wade. I have offers from other law schools and want to expedite Cambridge's decision. Will speaking to her help?
flowergirl
Mon Mar 28, 2011 03:04 PM
same story here - I was considering calling Ms. Wade to ask if its normal at least... it is quite important to know what kind of academic conditions are going to be required and how high...
hi Tills, So, have you had any success getting in touch with Mrs. Wade via telephone? I tried calling her three times but only got voicemail system reply. Since I applied in paper application, I don't have any online account that I can check the progress of my application after the offer on Feb 26. I am meeting a deadline to deposit for Us. School so I would appreciate if you have any update info.
Dominium
Mon Mar 28, 2011 06:57 PM
OK_C Greetings! I have not received any e-mail. I checked the Camsis webpage (after clicking the view/amend button) and there is an indication below the table of status (in this table the status has not been changet at all - it is still "papers with Degree Committee".

By the way, has anyone heard of the outcome of the AHRC Studentship? Or has anyone any idea when the decisions are going to be released?

Lawgeek
Mon Mar 28, 2011 08:39 PM
OK_C Greetings! I have not received any e-mail. I checked the Camsis webpage (after clicking the view/amend button) and there is an indication below the table of status (in this table the status has not been changet at all - it is still "papers with Degree Committee".

By the way, has anyone heard of the outcome of the AHRC Studentship? Or has anyone any idea when the decisions are going to be released?

I was interviewed, so I asked when I might hear. They said I'd hear of the final decision around May. But it seems decisions for other subjects are made a lot later, so I'm not entirely sure really. Just fingers crossed and wait I guess! I thought the interview went terribly so not too optimistic!