LLM GUIDE - Master of Laws (LL.M.) Programs Worldwide

LLM Discussion Board

LL.M. Discussion Board > Europe > Environmental Law - Europe RSS Feed

Environmental Law - Europe

gt1980
Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:47 PM
Hi!!
I'd like to know something about post-graduation studies, LLM or Masters, on ENVIRONMENTAL LAW in EUROPE, in countries like Spain, Italy, France, Netherlands, Germany, Czech Republic, etc....
- Is it possible to have them in English?
- What are the fees?
- Which ones do you recommed?
- What are the odds to be accepted?!

Thank you!

[Edited by Admin on 18 Jan 2006]

Show ProfileProfile P.M. Quote
gt1980
Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:55 PM
Does anybody knows if there's some LLM in Europe which can compete with the ones usually referred as the best in the States?? Or for environmental law is really better to go to the USA?!

1) Lewis & Clark College (Oregon)
2) Vermont Law (Vermont)
3) Pace University (New York)
JohnBonine
Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:22 AM
I suggest that you also consider my university, the University of Oregon.

The LLM Program in Environmental and Natural Resources Law at the University of Oregon brings you the skills, expertise, and reputation of an internationally renowned institution in the field of environmental law.

You can gain a great deal more information about the Oregon LLM at www.law.uoregon.edu/LLM. Or you can write for information to: [email protected]

Best regards,

John Bonine
Professor of Law
University of Oregon

gt1980
Fri Feb 03, 2006 08:13 PM
thanks a lot for your answer, but i gave up the idea of studying in the states, even with scholarships it much more expensive than staying in Europe!

any suggestions in Europe!?

Thanks!!
gt1980
Fri Feb 10, 2006 01:06 AM
Hey!!!
Is anyone there who's currently taking a Master or a LLM on ENVIRONMENTAL LAW that could give me some information??

Really need some help, i've only found something on the UK and it's very expensive!!
geoman
Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:13 AM
Hi you should look in the wagenigen university in the netherlands. the university is a poineer in the enviromental studies and i think they have also a master in environmental law. also you should look in my university, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven. The have many LLM programmes, and some of them have to do with the environtment. For example there is one about technology which you can concentrate on the environtmental impacts of techology.
Amrita Anand
Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:32 AM
I have been thinking of doing an LL.M in Environmental law myself,I am a final year law student and will get my law degree in another 6 months...

While doing the necessary research about LL.M courses,the few good colleges which I came across offering this course are the following:

1.King's College London
2.Univ. of Kent
3.Univ. of Nottingham
4.Lewis & Clark
6.Denver
7.Sydney Law School
8.Univ.of Oregon
olivetta
Mon Nov 05, 2007 04:47 PM
HI!
it's just great.. i've been looking for a Masters in Environmental law too and thought my case was desperate..
I couldn't find the program for environmental law at King's College, do you have the link?
it would be great..
thanks
ps:did you study law? (degree)
jackoune
Thu Nov 08, 2007 02:09 PM
If you are interested in environnemental law//energy law, the best places are Aberdeen for its oil and gas law background and dundee with his CEMPL...
Very good reputation and very cheap fees for aberdeen!!
and that is a good town for students!!
yene
Thu May 10, 2012 08:06 AM
Hello....

Just to add to the existing thread............How about considering Stockholm university LLM in environmental law. I hear it is one of the best schools in the whole Europe
alanjericho
Environmental Law
Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:29 AM
Hi, I'm an italian student interested in studying Environmental Law abroad (Eu, USA or Canada), Master degree. Where did you find interesting and affordable universities?
ljensen
Environmental Law
Tue Nov 12, 2013 05:11 PM
If anyone is considering studying environmental law in the United States, Pace Law School should definitely be at the top of your list of schools to look into.
Pace is ranked in the top three environmental law schools in the US and is the only one of those top schools located in a major metropolitan area (just north of New York City). Unlike other schools, it is strong in many areas of environmental law. It is well-known for its international and comparative environmental law focus (and even offers students the chance to act as legal advisers to permanent missions at the United Nations headquarters in Manhattan). It also has two leading research centers on campus that LL.M. students may work and study in: the Land Use Law Center for Sustainable Development and the Pace Energy and Climate Center. Pace environmental law faculty are leaders in their areas of expertise and are very accessible to students. (I know because I received my LL.M. in Environmental Law from Pace.)
Check out their website for more information: law.pace.edu/environment.

Best wishes,
Laura Jensen, J.D., LL.M.
Pace Law School
fjclark
Environmental Law
Wed Dec 04, 2013 04:31 PM
The School of Law at the University of Dundee has an LLM in Environmental Law, 12 month programme - intakes in January and September:-

www.dundee.ac.uk/law/llm/llmprogrammes/environmentallaw/
bluecrown
Environmental Law
Thu Dec 05, 2013 06:00 AM
My two cents,

When considering an LL.M. in Environmental Law, make sure that you look at the law school's curriculum. Most of the universities would offer domestic environmental law, which more or less would not be much of importance unless one intends to practice in the country where he/she is to pursue the LL.M., or unless perhaps he/she intends to have a career in legislature and want to do a comparative study, to see how laws/statutes can improve in the home country.

Some schools would have good programs that are more international in scope. For instance, in the UK, Edinburgh and UCL are well known for international environmental law. Professor and author Alan Boyle-who is an expert in the field and who have appeared before the ICJ and other tribunals for envi issues-is the director for LL.M. program at Edinburgh. Envi professors and authors Philippe Sands and Catherine Redgwell teach at UCL. In the US, GW Law offers an LL.M. in International Environmental Law, where they have former ICJ Judge Buergenthal and Professor Dinah Shelton (who also works on HR/envi issues).

[Edited by bluecrown on 05 Dec 2013]

cjac
Environmental Law
Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:55 PM
I did an LLM at Kent (not environmental law) - their fees are very competitive (if not the most competitive given the quality) and they have scholarships; a friend on the course obtained a scholarship covering fees and living expenses!

Reply to this post

Related Programs

Related Articles

The LL.M. in Environmental Law
The development and the future of specialized environmental LL.M. programs
By V. Wish

More Articles

LLM GUIDE Groups on lawyrs.net