change73
Stanford - Admissions thread
Wed Mar 23, 2011 04:13 PM
Not yet!
Show ProfileProfile P.M. Quote
AMCD
Wed Mar 23, 2011 08:37 PM
Has anyone who applied for the IELBP program received a call?
KingArthur
Thu Mar 24, 2011 01:42 AM
I applied for the IELBP and called the admission office 2 days ago. They said my application was still under review. So let's wait and see.
change73
Thu Mar 24, 2011 07:33 PM
This week is Spring Break. There are no classes at SLS. Does anyone know whether they send out decisions on applications for the IELBP programme during Spring Break?
Chamberling

Thu Mar 24, 2011 07:45 PM
i believe next week will be it. i called them days ago because i have other offers in hand they said it's still under reviewing. keep fingers crossed!

---
Vademecum, Vadetecum

kaosun
Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:38 PM
Chamberling, I saw from other post that you have admitted to LST, did you apply for IELBP as well?
kaosun
Sat Mar 26, 2011 06:11 AM
Any news for IELBP?
launvatar
Sat Mar 26, 2011 06:16 AM
Not yet..
launvatar
Mon Mar 28, 2011 08:03 AM
I'm tired of waiting
kaosun
Mon Mar 28, 2011 08:06 AM
The point is there is news on nothing, interveiew call, admissions, even rejections. Maybe they are going to send out the last wave tomorrow.
launvatar
Mon Mar 28, 2011 08:37 AM
Why tomorrow? You mean on this Monday?
kaosun
Mon Mar 28, 2011 08:40 AM
Yes, I mean if there is a last wave, there should be next week, from Monday) since it is advised in their web that all admissions should be sent out by April 1.
launvatar
Mon Mar 28, 2011 08:54 AM
They don't really have to wait for the last minute (although I did with my application :D)
lilijane
Mon Mar 28, 2011 09:00 AM
They don't really have to wait for the last minute (although I did with my application :D)
Now, I understand the feelings of my boss (he is a Stanford JSD) when I submit my assignments at the last minute :)) I'm paying for my sins:)
kaosun
Mon Mar 28, 2011 09:12 AM
Anyway, we have to live with this "punishment" (I did for the very last mimute too)
lilijane
Mon Mar 28, 2011 09:13 AM
Guys, here is the link of last year's thread about IELBP, apparently, they admitted people on 25 or 26 th of march and probably at the last week of march..so i think that this week they'll announce the decisions..
www.llm-guide.com/board/85212/1
kaosun
Mon Mar 28, 2011 09:15 AM
Thanks, Lilijane. So have you got ad. from SLS?
lilijane
Mon Mar 28, 2011 09:29 AM
No, I've been waiting for the decision for 4 months..Indeed I am not so hopeful about it...since last month I have some behaviour anomilies, I've started acting like an inspector looking for some clues about decisions, checking last years' posts, making calculations about my chance to be admitted to IELBP..recent calculations have shown that there is %0,015 possibility for me to be admitted:)

[Edited by lilijane on 28 Mar 2011]

putou
Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:38 AM
No, I've been waiting for the decision for 4 months..Indeed I am not so hopeful about it...since last month I have some behaviour anomilies, I've started acting like an inspector looking for some clues about decisions, checking last years' posts, making calculations about my chance to be admitted to IELBP..recent calculations have shown that there is %0,015 possibility for me to be admitted:)

Lilijane, you are not alone. But we should try not to take it too seriously as it is merely a period of 9 months graduate study that is not expected to change anything substantially.

lilijane
Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:48 AM

Lilijane, you are not alone. But we should try not to take it too seriously as it is merely a period of 9 months graduate study that is not expected to change anything substantially.

Putou, I think the same with you..I'm making fun of myself...the thing that makes stress on me is the uncertainty..I definitely know that I wont be more successful on the day I am admitted than today or deemed to be unsuccessful..I just wanna see the road..
launvatar
Mon Mar 28, 2011 04:02 PM
Well, I don't really agree. Having a masters degree at Stanford will surely cause some dramatic change on your CV. At least it would enable you to get accepted to a PhD in -lets say- Harvard :) Also you'll have chance to join the alumni of Stanford graduates. You'll be able to find a job 4873458345 times easier in 3030492508 better firms. Even people you'll meet will listen to you in a different manner. In short, after earning a masters degree from Stanford you'll most probably be perceived as a way more important person when compared to yourself at the moment :)
lilijane
Mon Mar 28, 2011 04:17 PM
Well, I don't really agree. Having a masters degree at Stanford will surely cause some dramatic change on your CV. At least it would enable you to get accepted to a PhD in -lets say- Harvard :) Also you'll have chance to join the alumni of Stanford graduates. You'll be able to find a job 4873458345 times easier in 3030492508 better firms. Even people you'll meet will listen to you in a different manner. In short, after earning a masters degree from Stanford you'll most probably be perceived as a way more important person when compared to yourself at the moment :)
about the common illusion you have just mentioned, I advise you to read a book named "the narcissism epidemic" by Jean Twenge and Keith Campbell...
launvatar
Mon Mar 28, 2011 04:23 PM
omg... humm ok :D I give up :D
Zeta
Mon Mar 28, 2011 05:01 PM
I am also waiting for an answer from SLS.
But do you really think the "brand" has such power?
Even if it is an LLM and not a JD?
How much do you rate the "Stanford effect" compared to other schools such as NYU or Columbia?

Related Articles

LLM GUIDE Focus on Student Life: California
Beyond the beaches: Essential information for California-bound LL.M. students.
By M. Filtz

More Articles